Sunday 30 August 2009

John Frieda Go Blonder Review


Hi,


Ok so as the title tells, yes I am doing a review on John Frieda's Go Blonder Shampoo and Conditioner. Now I purchased these products from Boots (a drugstore) for about £5.50 each.


John Frieda Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo gradually lightens natural, colour-treated and highlighted blonde hair. With citrus extract and chamomile, the gentle formula improves the healthy look of your hair by tightening the cuticle and strengthening the shaft. The shampoo is ammonia and peroxide-free so is gentle enough for daily use.


That is what the company say about their products. My hair tends to feel dry and straw like if I don't use a good conditioner, and I usually just use a treatment mask as many conditioners do not moisturise my hair enough.


The shampoo is bright yellow in colour, and extremely thick. But worked very well into a lather, the scent wasn't too overpowering either.


The conditioner was a thick milky type product with the same scent as the shampoo.


Overall I am sadly not impressed. My straw like hair is still sadly very straw like so not amused. Also I wasn't overly struck by the scent of the product.
I was talking to Cat from http://swirledpeacat.blogspot.com/ (you must visit), and she recommended Sunsilks range of Blonde shampoos and conditioners, so that is my next experiment.
So currently what is your hair routine, what products to you lovely ladies swear by?
A xx

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. I've never been overly impressed by John Frieda's products. Typically they weigh my fine hair down. Shame these didn't work for you, but I'm curious about the Sunsilk range. A college friend of mine swears by Sunsilk. Please do let us know how you like them once you've tried. :)

    ReplyDelete